Monday, March 08, 2004

To the Moon, Alice

"I know exactly where I want to lead this country," says George W. Bush in one of his new campaign ads.

To judge from the last 3 years, apparently he wants us to lead us into a country where 5% of the people are living high in a wonderful gated community with walls he is continuously trying to build to keep out the paltry concerns and lives of the other 95% and to protect against the very real scorched and polluted earth of the rest of America. In an earlier blog, I compared his administration to the Harding administration, but now I think it has crossed that milestone and is going towards the Idi Amin Dada part of the political "leadership" spectrum.

P.S. I know a Ralph Nader presidency is probably not what this country needs right now. But every time I think of good ol' Ralph, I think of what a incredible thing it would be to witness the meeting of him and Tom Delay after a Nader election, say in the White House. I don't know what Ralph would do, but Mr. Delay in my imagination would be frothing at the mouth with steam coming out of his ears with a vermilion complexion, and finally throwing himself down on the carpet and proceeding to gnaw at President Nader's ankles.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home